Professor Dumitru Miron
President of the Academic Senate, Bucharest University of Economic Studies
I view as highly beneficial your idea to bring together the creative energies of the academic environment and direct them towards the elaboration of high-impact studies, dedicated thematic analyses, the collection of best practices, and the formulation of important directions for public reflection and action.
I believe that the debates you intend to foster could also tackle other aspects, such as:
- The switch from a logic based on conformity to a proactive logic regarding Romania’s performance on the road to European integration;
- The transition from Europe as an idea to Europe as a concrete reality and state of being;
- The configuration of a developmental model at the European level as the centre of both ongoing debate and of concrete actions, while achieving a desirable equilibrium between cohesion and competitiveness;
- The transition from a Europe of markets to a Europe of networks;
- The integration of economic vectors with the cultural landscape, and the transition from economic development to economic prosperity.